Daniela Roher, PhD, LPC.
Therapy, Counseling and
Consulting for Individuals
There are times, in our lives, when we may feel lost, overwhelmed and destabilized by our emotions which we don't seem to be able to control. We may feel anxious, depressed, scared, preoccupied, sad, alone with our problems and unable to re-establish control over our lives and our emotions. It is at those times that we reach out to professionals for guidance, support, understanding and ultimately reduction of symptoms and improved quality of life.
My role as a psychotherapist is to help you reduce your symptoms by:
- Achieving insight into repeated dysfunctional patterns that keep you trapped in an unhappy place;
- Improving your coping skills and adopting new ones;
- Increasing your ability to regulate your emotions without letting them become overwhelming and destabilizing;
- Expanding your ability to live up to your potentials;
- Improving your relationships with yourself and with others.
We will achieve these goals by focusing on your strengths and assets, as well as the areas of conflict, tension and pain. We reinforce the former while addressing your areas of concern, so you can make sense of them and grow. You will increase your insight and self-understanding, opening up more options in your decisions and actions.
You will learn new ways of understanding and dealing with the issues that are currently holding you back, thus stunting your growth. You will be able to take action by taking charge of your life, rather than feeling powerless. You will become more resourceful, resilient, creative and fulfilled in your personal life and in your relationships.
This psychotherapeutic approach shifts you from a powerless position to a more empowered one.
These are some of the benefits you will experience:
- Achieve deeper understanding of your inner life and of others.
- Increase your ability to reflect on your thoughts, feelings and behaviors and change them if/when needed.
- Let go of the past and stay more focused on the present moment.
- Develop a capacity to experience safety, relaxation and true reciprocity.
- Access and experience emotions such as joy, gratitude, calmness, satisfaction, which improve your quality of life.
All information is private and confidential.
If psychiatric services are needed, a referral will be made to a qualified professional.
Individual psychotherapy sessions are 45 minutes in length. A 24 hour notice is required for cancellations.
If interested, please contact our office at (480) 595-6500.